Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions explain your rights and responsibilities and also ours. "You" means the client or hirer as named in the contract and "We" or "Us" M. Brown means Styles Audio.
1.The contract is made between Styles Audio and the hirer as named in the contract.
2. By providing the information required on the booking form and paying the deposit you are agreeing to all our terms and conditions.
3.The hirer must provide 2 x forms of identification, one of which should be a current UK photo driving licence or passport. We also require 1 other for positive ID which can be a current utility bills or a debit/credit card statement confirming your name and address.
Identification must be provided by the hirer when dry hiring equipment. ID will be retained by us until the return of all equipment. Exceptions may include:- where equipment is delivered to a hirer’s home address, council authorities, company representatives and previous known clients. (If ID is not made available, equipment will not be dry hired).
Payments. Our minimum hire fee is £50.
4. You reserve equipment by paying 50% of the total hire charge as a deposit. The remaining balance will be paid in full seven days before the date of collection/delivery. For bookings made within two weeks of event date then full payment will be required.
For bookings under £150 full payment is required to confirm booking.
Only when the deposit has been received along and funds cleared will the booking be confirmed by Styles Audio. Full payment will be required for bookings made within 21 days of event.
In addition to the hire charge the hirer will pay a £100 damage deposit by cash or bacs. Upon the safe return of all equipment, including cables returned clean and coiled and taped, you will then receive your £100 deposit back. In some cases you will need to wait for the equipment to be plugged in and checked.
5.Cancellations - Any cancellations or notified changes must be made at least 14 days prior to the event. If we receive more than 7 but less then 14 days notice of cancellation, the hirer is liable to pay 50% of the rental fee. If we receive less than 7 days notice of cancellation , the hirer is liable to pay 100% of the hire charge.
We have never cancelled or failed to turn up for an event we have been engaged for. In an event that we cannot fulfill an engagement, our liability is limited to the cost of alternative hire, subject to a maximum of the fee we have agreed with you. We will not be liable to you for any other direct or consequential losses.
Our liability is also limited by giving you notice, in the same proportion and applying the same periods we apply to your liability to us , and by force majeure.
6. Force majeure.
We will not be liable for any failure to supply a product or service where that failure is wholly caused by an event beyond our control that we could not reasonably anticipate, forestall or prevent. This may include (but is not limited to) acts of war, terrorism, extreme weather conditions, or natural disasters. Where any public authority advises that only essential journeys should be undertaken, any product or service we supply shall not be considered essential.
7. The hire period is strictly as stated in the hire agreement. All hire equipment must be returned no later than midday on the due return date and all equipment should be clean and in good working condition. Any equipment returned later than this will be charged at the daily rate up until its return. You agree to reimburse us for all costs in connection with cleaning, repairing or replacing equipment not returned in a clean and good working condition and will be liable for charges at the daily rate shown in the order quote for the period of the repair or replacement.
The hirer undertakes either to insure the equipment for the full replacement value at their own expense, or to accept full personal liability for the full Value of any losses or damage caused to the equipment whilst in their possession and away from the premises of Styles Audio. Whether insured or not , the hirer is responsible for the full replacement cost of all equipment on hire to them , including all cables, spares and accessories. A valuation is available on request.
8. Ownership. The hire equipment remains the property of Styles Audio at all times. A hirer cannot export,sell,lease,lend,sub-hire, modify or dispose of any equipment . The location of all equipment must always be made known to Styles Audio.
9.The hirer will ensure that the equipment hired is not used for any purpose beyond its capacity or in any manner likely to result in the deterioration of the equipment.
10. Equipment is supplied on the understanding that it is competently installed and operated by the hirer. No liability will be accepted by Styles Audio for Ny damage to persons or property whilst the equipment is on hire to the hirer.
11.The hirer will at all times ensure that a suitable and proper supply of electricity is arranged for the use of the equipment and that a suitable electrical earth is available at all times.
12.All equipment is PAT tested and will be delivered in good working order .
13. If the equipment is damaged or breaks down during a hire period through no fault of the hirer, Styles Audio will endeavour to repair or, at its option, replace the equipment if it has suitable alternative equipment available. The hirer will immediately notify Styles Audio of any damage occurring to the equipment during the hire period.
14. The hirer shall be responsible for the security of the equipment whilst installed in the venue.
We reserve the right to substitute alternative equipment from that specified should uncontrollable circumstances on out part dictate the need to do so.
If we are linking our equipment within a fixed in-house audio system, we may reserve the right to refuse to do so if the equipment is considered by ourselves to be unsafe or liable to cause damage to any linked component. All bookings should be taken on the understanding that the venue is in possession of the necessary entertainment license. We are not responsible if the venue is found to be in breach of the terms of their licence. We will not be responsible for any damage or loss to private or public property caused by invited guests or members of the public. We do not tolerate violent, aggressive or abusive behaviour from anyone under any circumstances. We also reserve the right to terminate our services at any time our personal safety is under threat.
The hirer agrees that it will not :
Effect any alteration or other modification to the equipment. In particular, cables must not be cut, and the hirer must not re-wire plugs and sockets. Any equipment found to have been modified or in any way altered and any cables or components found to have been damaged by cutting or attempting to modify will be charged at replacement price on return. Remove or interfere with any identification marks or plates affixed to the equipment.